Student Success – Agenda February 12, 2015
Student Success Committee Meeting
Thursday, February 12, 2015
2:10 pm – 3:00 pm
Promote a campus-wide culture that fosters and supports student learning, access, success, goal completion, and institutional effectiveness.
1. Review and analyze college student success data.
2. Develop broad, comprehensive strategies for improving student success.
3. Analyze and understand the common barriers and momentum points that students experience.
4. Use data to identify patterns of demand to inform schedule building to support student goal completion.
5. In conjunction with the Access Committee, form a workgroup to complete the Student Success and Support Program Plan and Student Equity Plan.
6. Report to the Governance Council and other college committees regarding issues relating to student success. Make appropriate recommendations to the Governance Council.
I. Approval of Minutes
II. Committee Goals
- Coordinate the development of the SSSP plan with the Student Equity Plan
- Develop a research agenda and review initial data/research (understand, and establish foundation)
- Identify initial goals and outcomes for continued research
III. Strategic Plan
IV. Completion by Design http://www.completionbydesign.org/
VI. Next Meeting
Thursday, March 12th