Student Success – Agenda November 13, 2014
Student Success Committee Meeting
Thursday, November 13, 2014
2:10 pm – 3:30 pm
Promote a campus-wide culture that fosters and supports student learning, access, success, goal completion, and institutional effectiveness.
- Review and analyze college student success data.
- Develop broad, comprehensive strategies for improving student success.
- Analyze and understand the common barriers and momentum points that students experience.
- Use data to identify patterns of demand to inform schedule building to support student goal completion.
- In conjunction with the Access Committee, form a workgroup to complete the Student Success and Support Program Plan and Student Equity Plan.
- Report to the Governance Council and other college committees regarding issues relating to student success. Make appropriate recommendations to the Governance Council.
I. Approval of Minutes
II. Committee Goals
III. Strategic Plan
IV. Data Teams
a. Completion by Design
b. Student Support (Re)defined
- Directed: have a goal and know how to achieve it
- Focused: stay on track—keep eye on prize
- Nurtured: feel somebody wants to help them succeed
- Engaged: actively participate in class and extracurricular activities
- Connected: feel like they are part of the college community
- Valued: skills, talents, abilities, and experiences are recognized; they have opportunities to contribute on campus and feel their contributions are appreciated
c. Institution Set Standards
Remedial/Basic Skills Course Success
Completion of 30 units
d. Success and Equity Plans
Student Success & Support Program Plan
Counseling, Advising, and Other Education Planning Services
Follow up for At-Risk Students
ESL and Basic Skills Completion
Degree and Certificate Completion
GOAL…Close achievement gaps in access and success!
V. Next Meeting
Thursday, Dec 11th, 2:10-3:30, Cougar Room