Student Success – Minutes November 13, 2014
STUDENT SUCCESS COMMITTEE MINUTES
Thursday, November 13, 2014
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Candace Duron and Stacie Rancano
Approval of Minutes
Minutes for the 10/9/14 meeting were approved with a correction to the date noted for the next meeting to reflect Thursday.
- Darcy requested members to create committee goals to achieve the mission of the committee.
- Darcy reviewed the District’s Strategic Action Plan which was created from the Master Education Plan.
- The Strategic Action Plan outlines specific objectives in areas such as student learning/success, equity, business/industry/community, facilities, and institutional planning/effectiveness along with action items, due dates, expected outcomes, and champion (responsible party).
- She asked the member to review the Strategic Action Plan and visualize how to incorporate these with the committee’s goals.
- Darcy stated we need to review the Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) and align them with our goals to create Student Service Outcomes for program effectiveness.
- Darcy suggested a student survey to begin the process of reviewing the effectiveness of our programs and services. She would like to review the results in December.
- If you have any feedback on the Strategic Action Plan, please email Darcy or Eric Bérubé.
- Create data teams to analyze data such as surveys, reports, etc. to review effectiveness and equity of services and programs for our students.
- Implement plans and ideas to build support for student success at Taft College.
- The data teams will be working groups with leads and will help determine the best way to impact students’ base on the data studied.
- It was suggested that the Student Services staff participate in quarterly team-building activities to help strengthen relationships and build moral within the department.
- Thursday, December 11, 2014, 2:10-3:30pm, Cougar Room