September 9, 2021

September 9, 2021

Title: September 9, 2021
Date: 09/13/2021
Agenda

 

HALL OF FAME MEETING AGENDA

Monday, September 13, 2021

Zoom: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95264094712

8:30 am – 9:30 am

 

  1. Ceremony Details: Sunday, November 7, 2021

    1. Invitations – in-progress (Jennifer Edmaiston)
    2. Facebook/Newspapers/Advertisement- Press release-in progress (Susan)
    3. Inductee PresentersVolunteers needed   
      1. 5-minute limit
      2. Provide new/additional info about inductee, not just info provided in program
    4. Audio visual/IT/Equipment– request IT support to run/monitor equipment
    5. MC/National Anthem/Physical Program5:00pm
    6. BudgetTicket sales/sponsors main funding source; Tickets = $75 (Child Ticket Price for 12 and under = $20; not advertised but offered if inquiries occur)
    7. Sponsors/DonorsOTs, Orange Belt Stages, Tony, Kanoe, Bill/Bookstore via medallions/t-shirts…
    8. Payment/RSVPsApple Pay set up-request to have the night of? Columns on RSVP list for 1) Saturday’s reception 2) TC Tour 3) Sunday’s ceremony 4) Method of payment?
    9. FoodPotential vendors? Give OT’s first option?
    10. Champagne Reception-4:00pm (Jan/Vicki?)
    11. TC/OTs Beverage Policy$10 cork fee per bottle for wine from donors. Wine/champagne order would need to be placed around first week of October for event if we want OTs to order
    12. DecorationsSet up day before/day of? Table cloth and napkin color? Center pieces?
    13. PlaquesFor all inductees that attend. An 8 x 10 plaque will be ordered for the inductee. One ‘perpetual’ plaque will be ordered for display on Hall of Fame wall on campus (final approval and location TBD via Deb) (Craig?)
    14. MedallionsWe have 70 medallions-no need to order more this year
    15. ProgramComplete in-house (Susan)
    16. Name Badges- Gold colored lanyards for inductees and black/white for committee members? We have 40 gold and 22 white lanyards. No need to order this year. Guests and attendees will use sticker name badges?
    17. Photography??
    18. Slide-ShowPresenters to get pictures from inductees? (Kanoe to compile PPT?)
    19. Reserved Tables- Reserved tables for inductees attending and their guests, Board members and Committee members? (Kanoe?)
    20. UshersStudent athletes/volunteers? (Kanoe?)
    21. Check-InVolunteers needed? (Jennifer?)
    22. TourAt 11:00am, meet in front of Student Services/Admin building-lunch provided (Tony?)
    23. RehearsalPresenters to meet at 2:00pm the day of?

 

  1. Foundation: Saturday night Blast from the Past @ 6:00pm

  2. Future Agenda Items/Action Items
  3. Next Meeting: Monday, October 11 & October 25, 2021, 8:30-9:30, S-11/Zoom?
Minutes

 

HALL OF FAME MEETING MINUTES

Monday, September 13, 2021

Zoom: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95264094712

8:30 am – 9:30 am

 

 

Members Present:          Damon Bell, Tony Thompson, Norberto Lopez, Kanoe Bandy, Vicki Waugh, Bill Norris, Dr. Debra Daniels, Susan Groveman, Craig Johnson, Sheri Horn-Bunk, Darcy Bogle, and Jennifer Edmaiston.

Members Absent:           Jan Ashley and Mahea Maui

Recorder:                            Melissa Blanco

 

 

  1. Review Details for the Hall of Fame Event Details: Sunday, November 7, 2021

  • “Blast from the Past”This event will be held Saturday, November 6, 2021. Sheri said it will be held on the patio by the new Student Center.  They will have drinks, appetizers, music and merchandise for sale.  There will be a few speakers and the HOF inductees will be honored for the night.  Sheri stated Ascend Real Estate Property Management is sponsoring the even with their $1,500 donation.  Sheri plans on taking lots of photos.  Still deciding on who to select on catering the even, possibly Roots or Asian Experience.
  • Invitations – Darcy stated invitations have been finalized and are ready for printing and mailing out. A big thank you to Susan Groveman for her work with the invitations.  Jennifer is working on sending out invites to all the inductees but needs to get addresses for the team HOF inductees.  Invites will be sent out to HOF inductees, past inductees, alumni, and board members.
  • Facebook/Newspapers/Advertisement Susan Groveman worked on the press release and will finalize and submit it to the President’s Office for publication. Kanoe will reach out to her sports contact with the Bakersfield Californian newspaper to possibly do a story on the HOF event and inductees.
  • Food Darcy will reach out to OT’s Cookhouse/Dominique to see if they have any interest in catering this year’s event. Otherwise, the committee will need to select another place to cater the event. Daniel’s stated that the District is committed to supporting local vendors and that an outside vendor should be our last resort.  Sheri also suggested Diamond X as a possibility or Hodel’s.
  • Inductee Presenters – The committee agreed on the following presenters:
    1. George Kersh & 1988 Cross Country Team – Craig Johnson presenting
    2. Carolyn Hosking – Billy White/Dr. Daniels/Dawn Cole presenting
    3. Craig Johnson – Mike Mayfield presenting
    4. Harry Wilson – Sheri Horn-Bunk presenting
    5. Shelley Klein – Dr. Daniels presenting
    6. Sonja Swenson – Kanoe Bandy presenting

       *5-minute limit and provide new/additional info about inductee, not just info provided in program

  •  Audio visual/IT/EquipmentDarcy will request IT support to run/monitor equipment for the HOF events.
  • MC/National Anthem/Physical Program – Bell will check with Myisha to see if she has any students that sing and would be will to sing the National Anthem for the HOFCeremony.  Dr. Bell later stated he spoke with Myisha and she does not know of a student that can sing.
  • Budget – Darcy stated the HOF committee currently has $7,200. Ticket sales are the main source of revenue.  The ticket price for the event is $75 and $20 for children 12 and under.
  • Sponsors/Donors – Some donors like OTs and Orange Belt Stages are no longer in business. Committee members Tony, Kanoe and Bill continue to donate their time and support with flowers, decorations, campus tour, medallions and merchandise for the event.  Also, some departments have provided support in the past by purchasing a table for their department.
  • Payment/RSVPs – Jennifer will track RSVPs on a spreadsheet by for each event: (1) Blast from the Past, (2) Campus Tour, and (3) HOF Banquet. Jennifer and the cashier are taking payment for the even.  Apple Pay request option to have the night of the event.
  • Masks – Masks are required for the event and can be taken off when actively eating or drinking. Susan Groveman will include the “mask requirement” on the invitations and other announcements for the event.  Disposable masks will also be available at the events for attendees if needed.
  • Champagne Reception Daniels will follow-up to see what the District needs to serve alcohol at the event. Generally an alcohol license is needed to serve alcohol.  It was suggested to possibly have other beverages such as a variety of beer, along with the wine and champagne.  Vicki and Jan will assist with serving for the reception.
  • Decorations – Kanoe is looking into using sunflowers this year for flower arrangements on the tables, along with tall bold decorations/vases. Black table cloths and the skirting for reception table will also be used. Darcy will check with OT’s Steakhouse to see if they have the skirting and Jennifer will check in their area to see if Dominique dropped it off.
  • Plaques – Craig will provide contact and ordering information for the plaques.  Darcy, Damon, and Melissa can assist with ordering the plaques for the inductee this year.  A perpetual plaque will be ordered also.  AP Architects will be designing the lettering and the plaques will be displayed on a designated wall in the Student Center.
  • Medallions – We have 70 medallions and no need to order more this year.
  • Program – Susan will finalize the programs and send to the TC Bookstore for printing.
  • Lanyards Plenty of lanyards are available for this year’s event.
  • Photography – Tony Thompson will contact his nephew to see if he is interested in taking photos for the event.
  • Student Center Walk-Thru – Darcy asked for those interested in doing a walk-thru in the Student Center to plan the setup for tables and reception area for the HOF dinner to email her.  The Student Center has a capacity of 250 depending on the arrangement of tables.

 

  1. Next Meeting: Monday, October 11 , 2021 and October 25, 2021
Supporting Docs