Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Steering Committee
As a standing committee of the Academic Senate, the role of the Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and Assessment Steering Committee (SLOASC) is to act as the central body for articulating polices on SLOs, and to increase student performance competencies as a result of Taft College’s courses, programs, and degrees, and provides support and resources for assessment activities. Specific tasks of the committee include the following:
- Promote knowledge and expertise of SLOs at Taft
- Identify and target existing assessment of SLOs at Taft College in key programs in advance of Program
- Using the current accreditation standards, identify areas to improve the college’s progress in student learning outcomes and take action to move the college forward in using assessment data for decision
- Act as representatives of faculty in the area of SLOs at Taft
- Establish and facilitate assessment practices that will improve
- Facilitate, promote, and integrate assessment practices that are not only meaningful, but easy for faculty to participate in.
- Facilitate follow-up activities for improvement based on completed SLO
- Organize and plan SLO day for in-service
- Manage TC SLO Rubric for Revisions and New Course SLOs
- Use SLO Revision/New Course form for tracking purposes
The SLOASC will meet for one hour, once a month, during the fall and spring semesters.
- The SLOASC follows the college model of approval by
- Each Fall SLOASC will vote a Chair
- The Chair is responsible for reviewing minutes and building agendas .
SLOASC is responsible for recommendations of policy and procedures that will be forwarded to the Academic Senate for approval. SLOASC will draft policies, guide college-wide action, and identify and provide resources as appropriate to the culture of Taft College and accreditation standards in reference to SLOs.
- SLO Coordinator
- A Division Chair, Co-chair, or designee to represent each division on campus (to represent division interests)
- A faculty representative from the area of Student Services
- A representative from the office of Institutional Research (to feed assessment data to Program Review)
- A student representative (If available)
- Vice President of Instruction or designee
*All appointed faculty members are representatives of the Academic Senate