STUDENT SUCCESS COMMITTEE MINUTES
Thursday, September 9, 2021
2:10 pm – 3:30 pm
Members Present: Damon Bell, Michelle Beasley, Chris Chug-Wee, Xiaohong Li, Marianne Bishop, Lourdes Gonzalez, and Rebecca Murillo.
Members Absent: Lori Sundgren and Jessica Grimes
Guest Present: Leslie Minor
Recorder: Melissa Blanco
(*Juan Rangel-Escobedo is a member but was not included in the meeting’s invite in error.)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- The minutes for the meeting held March 10, 2021 were reviewed. These were already approved and posted on the TC website.
CONFIRM MEETING DAY AND TIME
- The committee determined the 4th Thursday of the month still worked for the majority of the members but adjusted the time to 2:40 pm – 3:30 pm. The time was changed to accommodate others that attend a meeting prior to this meeting on the same day.
- It was noted that a couple members had an early day schedule for Thursdays and may need to adjust their schedule accordingly to attend the meetings.
REVIEW MISSION & CHARTER
- The committee reviewed the current charter and made a few changes as follows:
- Correct the items under “Membership Representation” as follows:
- Executive Director, Institutional Research and Planning to Vice President, Information and Institutional Effectiveness or Designee.
- Add “s” to Faculty Representative(s) to make singular or plural, depending on committee assignments for the academic year
- Correct grammar under the “Membership and Meeting Policies” as follows:
- “distribution of” to “distributing”
- Remove “a” before “room” and add a comma (,) after
- Correct grammar under the “Guiding Principles and Expectations-Committee members shall:” as follows:
- On first bullet item, remove the word “of” before “their actions”
- Correct grammar under “Meeting Scheduling, Agendas, and Minutes:” as follows:
- Add a period (.) after responsibilities
- Marianne Bishop volunteered to update the charter with the recommended changes for the committee to review and approve.
- Juana Rangel-Escobedo is the new Division Chair, Learning Support Division, and is listed as a member of this committee. An invite needs to be sent to her for future committee meetings. Melissa will add her to the distribution list for this committee.
- Bell will contact Myisha regarding assigning a student representative to serve on the committee.
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 2:40 pm- 3:30 pm, Cougar Room. (2nd Thursday of the month)