September 2021 Meeting

September 2021 Meeting

Title: September 2021 Meeting
Date: 09/09/2021


Student Success Committee Meeting

Thursday, September 9, 2021

2:10pm to 3:30pm

Cougar Room

Promote a campus-wide culture that fosters and supports student learning, success, and goal completion.



  1. Review and analyze college student success data.
  2. Develop broad, comprehensive strategies for improving student success.
  3. Analyze and understand the common barriers and momentum points that students experience.
  4. Use data to identify patterns of demand to inform schedule building to support student goal completion.
  5. In conjunction with the Access Committee, review methods to improve the integration and alignment of student success efforts across the various plans, including the Integrated Plan.
  6. Report and make recommendations to the Governance Council and other college committees regarding issues relating to student success.


GOALS: The goal is to establish or create a template with processes and timelines for consistency.


Key performance indicators:

                        1) Transfer level English 1st year

                        2) Transfer level Math 1st year


  1. Review Minutes from 9/15/2020 meeting
  2. Confirm Meeting Day and Time (2nd Thursday of the month, 2pm-3:30pm)
  3. Review Mission & Charter
  4. Other business
  5. Next Meeting:










Thursday, September 9, 2021

2:10 pm  – 3:30 pm

Cougar Room


Members Present:          Damon Bell, Michelle Beasley, Chris Chug-Wee, Xiaohong Li, Marianne Bishop, Lourdes Gonzalez, and Rebecca Murillo.

Members Absent:           Lori Sundgren and Jessica Grimes

Guest Present:                  Leslie Minor

Recorder:                            Melissa Blanco

(*Juan Rangel-Escobedo is a member but was not included in the meeting’s invite in error.)



  • The minutes for the meeting held March 10, 2021 were reviewed. These were already approved and posted on the TC website.



  • The committee determined the 4th Thursday of the month still worked for the majority of the members but adjusted the time to 2:40 pm – 3:30 pm. The time was changed to accommodate others that attend a meeting prior to this meeting on the same day.
  • It was noted that a couple members had an early day schedule for Thursdays and may need to adjust their schedule accordingly to attend the meetings.



  • The committee reviewed the current charter and made a few changes as follows:
    • Correct the items under “Membership Representation” as follows:
      • Executive Director, Institutional Research and Planning to Vice President, Information and Institutional Effectiveness or Designee.
      • Add “s” to Faculty Representative(s) to make singular or plural, depending on committee assignments for the academic year
    • Correct grammar under the “Membership and Meeting Policies” as follows:
      • “distribution of” to “distributing”
      • Remove “a” before “room” and add a comma (,) after
    • Correct grammar under the “Guiding Principles and Expectations-Committee members shall:” as follows:
      • On first bullet item, remove the word “of” before “their actions”
    • Correct grammar under “Meeting Scheduling, Agendas, and Minutes:” as follows:
      • Add a period (.) after responsibilities
    • Marianne Bishop volunteered to update the charter with the recommended changes for the committee to review and approve.



  • Juana Rangel-Escobedo is the new Division Chair, Learning Support Division, and is listed as a member of this committee. An invite needs to be sent to her for future committee meetings.  Melissa will add her to the distribution list for this committee.
  • Bell will contact Myisha regarding assigning a student representative to serve on the committee.


Next Meeting

  • Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 2:40 pm- 3:30 pm, Cougar Room. (2nd Thursday of the month)
Supporting Docs