Section 1. Name
The name of this body is the Taft College Academic Senate.
Section 2. Purpose
(a) The Academic Senate serves as the official body representing the faculty of Taft College to make recommendations to administration and the Board of Trustees on academic and professional matters as delineated in Title 5 §53200, and to ensure the roles of faculty in processes and policymaking as addressed in Education Code §70902, §87359, §87360, §87458, §87610, §87663, §87743, and elsewhere.
(b) Per Title 5 §53200, the ten plus one areas that the Academic Senate is charged with making recommendations on are as follows:
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation or success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.